think about the relationship between social problems and policy.
Identify a social problem—for example, food insecurity, domestic violence, child maltreatment, Homelessness, mental illness, criminal justice, poverty, policing, and so on—that you would like to investigate throughout the course. This can be a problem that has personal or professional meaning to you.
Search for and select at least three sources related to the social problem you identified.
One source can be a government or other professional website.
At least two of the sources must be scholarly articles or studies from reputable journals.
1. Describe a current social problem and the vulnerable population it impacts.
2. How/when has this problem been identified historically, and what were the actions taken to address this concern?
3. How have the populations affected by the social problem changed over time?
4. How might this social problem be incongruent with social work values/ethics?
5. Describe the next steps for how you will identify a policy.