Your advertisement for the “Customer Service and Sales – Assistant Manager” resulted in six (6) applications. (Obviously this is an unrealistic number but manageable for the assignment.)
1. Set up a scoring table or matrix, which identifies the top five selection criteria, the weighting and scoring procedures and a comments section. Make 6 copies of your scoring table. For each applicant complete a separate scoring table including point form comments. (Example- justification for why the applicant received a certain score for each of the criteria.) Resumes and cover letters attached.
2. Finally, using the Customer Service and Sales Assistant Manager job, identify 3 specific hazards and how they should be controlled. Ensure you also identify the control level.
1. Selection Criteria 5 criteria X 2 marks each= 10 marks
– 1 mark for criteria and description- e.g. Stating “Leadership skills” is not enough. Need to explain what you mean by Leadership skills. E.g. Ability to motivate others and to get people to work together to accomplish goals.
– 1 mark for explaining why this is an important criterion in selecting someone for this job. Relate to responsibilities of the job from the Job Description.
2. (a) Scoring matrix 1 mark
– Submit a blank form that could be used to score each of the resumes which includes selection criteria, the weighting and scoring procedures and a comments section.
(b) Scoring matrix completed for each applicant – 5 marks
– Include point form notes for your evaluation of each resume
3. Health and Safety hazard identification – 3 marks
– Correctly identifies and explains three applicable job hazards (1 mark)
– Includes and explains at least control level for each of the hazards (2 marks)