1. The Roles in Advanced Nursing Practice paper is worth 150 points and will be graded on the quality of the content, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2.Submit the paper as a Microsoft Word Document.
3.The length of the paper should be 3-6 pages, excluding title page and reference page(s).
4. Support ideas with a minimum of 2 scholarly resources. You may need to use more than 2 scholarly resources to fully support your ideas.
5. You may use first person voice when describing your rationale for choosing the CNP role and your plans for clinical practice.
6. Current APA format is required with both a title page and reference page(s).
7. Use the following as Level 1 headings to denote the sections of your paper (Level 1 headings use upper- and lower-case letters and are bold and centered):
Roles in Advanced Practice Nursing (This is the paper introduction.
In APA format, a restatement of the paper title, centered and not bold serves as the heading of the introduction section)
Four APN Roles
Rationale for Choosing CNP Role
Plans for Clinical Practice
1. Introduction: Provide an overview of what will be covered in the paper. Introduction should include general statements on advanced practice nursing roles, general statements on the role transition from RN to APN, and identification of the purpose of the paper.
2. Four APN Roles: Describe the role, educational preparation, and work environment for the four APN roles (CNP, CNS, CRNA & CNM). Provide support from at least one scholarly source.
3. Rationale for Choosing CNP Role: Describe your rationale for choosing the CNP advanced practice role versus one of the other roles.
4. Plans for Clinical Practice: Discuss your plans for clinical practice after graduation. Explain how your understanding of NP practice has changed after researching the four ANP roles.
5. Role Transition: Discuss your transition from the RN role to the NP role. Describe two factors that may impact your transition. Discuss two strategies you will use to support a successful transition from the RN to your NP role. Provide reference support from at least one scholarly source. The textbook is not a scholarly source.
6.Conclusion: Provide a conclusion, including a brief summary of what you discussed in the paper.