LEADERSHIP TRAITS, BEHAVIORS, AND STYLES
Please read the following chapter and complete the assignment based on the instructions below:
Ferdman, B. M., & Deane, B. R. (2014). Chapter 10: The development of inclusive leadership
practice and processes. In Diversity at work: The practice of inclusion.
[Books24x7 version]. Available in the Trident Online Library.
For the Session Long Project, you will be applying the concepts in the background materials to your own personal experiences in the workplace. For this first SLP assignment choose a supervisor that you personally worked for and got to know well and compare and contrast this supervisors leadership characteristics with your own personal leadership characteristics using the concepts from the required background materials. Carefully reflect on your supervisors traits, behaviors, and leadership styles. Then write a 2- to 3-page paper (excluding title page and References Page) to include 2 scholarly sourcesfrom the required and optional readings list and addressing the following issues:
- Overall, is your current role more of a leadership or a management role? How about your supervisor?
- What key differences in leadership behaviors do you see between yourself and your supervisor? Refer to the concepts of being task-oriented, or people-centered/relationship-oriented that are discussed in the required background materials.
- What key differences in leadership traits do you see between yourself and your supervisor? Refer to specific leadership traits discussed in the required textbook chapters.
- Would you describe your and your supervisors leadership style as diverse and inclusive? If so or if not, please explain your response.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Your SLP should be at least 2 pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
- Be sure to cite and reference (using APA Style) a minimum of 2 scholarly sources listed in the Course Materials and Bibliography (Module 1 Required and Optional Reading List), or in the Module 1 Background Page: Required and Optional Readings.
- Upload your paper to the SLP 1 Dropbox before the assignment due date.
- Include both a reference page and in-text citations. Citation and reference style instructions are available at Trident University’s Introduction to . Another resource is the Writing Style Guide, which is found under My Resources in the TLC portal.