After reading Chapter 5: Perception and watching the clip "All That We Share," (Links to an external site.) begin a new thread (by clicking Reply to this message) and respond to the following:
- Why do people tend to put others in boxes and engage in stereotyping?
- How was empathy demonstrated in the commercial?
- The narrator of the video states: "Maybe there’s more that brings us together than we think". How can this principle be applied to increasing empathy for others?
Engage in the Discussion in the following ways:
- Reply to at least two (2) of your peers’ post by doing one of the following:
- Providing specific feedback about their post that adheres to the Rubric provided in the Course Syllabus.
- Ask probing or clarifying questions in response to their post.
- Describe a different approach/technique that you think could be helpful.
- Throughout the week you are also required to respond to any follow up questions that your peers and I pose regarding your post.